- The NFTs are designed to deliver messages based on the Japanese art of Kodo. These messages will encourage NFT holders to find a sense of peace and mindfulness in their life
- The series launched on OpenSea and was fully revealed at a live event at the Sheraton Towers hotel in Singapore, the first physical launch event of such nature
- Revenue from the project will be reinvested into spiritual wellness programs, such as feng shui and numerology classes, and various charity services, such as supporting children with cancer in Singapore and children’s education in Nepal and India
SINGAPORE – Shambhala Kodo, a Singaporean wellness center that specializes in Aromatic Incense Therapy, and Aura and Chakras scanning and therapy, has engaged with Web3 & Event IT solution provider Cloverlemon to create the MandalaFON series of Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs). The series was announced in April 2022, with all NFTs being fully subscribed by 20 June, less than two weeks before its official launch on 2 July.
Conceptualized by Master Lim Say Fon, Founder of Shambhala Kodo, and the first Singaporean master of the Japanese art of Kodo and Aromatherapy, each of the 1,011 NFTs in the series were developed with a symbolic message to help foster wellness, mindfulness, and positivity. The series launched on OpenSea and was fully revealed at a live event at the Sheraton Towers hotel in Singapore, the first physical launch event of such a nature.
The project seeks to create a more positive space in the NFT landscape. Due to NFTs’ status as digital assets, most NFTs are bought with the intention of “flipping” for profit. While this profit-centric mindset has benefitted many, it has also left the market open to scams and other types of predatory behavior. Looking to be a breath of fresh air in the market, Shambhala Kodo looked to create a piece of digital art that works the same as collectible art that helps owners of the art find inner peace and wellness.
“The idea came from my study of ancient artworks that contain symbolic messages of positivity and love. From there, I looked to utilise modern platforms such as NFTs to share this traditional style of art with people, and help them find wellness and inner peace within themselves,” said Master Fon.
The NFT collection consists of 10 avatars:
- The Lord of the Moon, representing Monday and the 3rd Eye Chakra.
- The Lord of Mars, representing Tuesday and the Sacral Chakra.
- The Lord of Mercury, representing Wednesday and the Throat Chakra
- The Lord of Jupiter, representing Thursday and the Solar Plexus Chakra
- The Lord of Venus, representing Friday and the Crown Chakra
- The Lord of Saturn represents Saturday and the Root Chakra.
- The Lord of the Sun represents Sunday the Heart Chakra.
- The Lord of Purity represents peace and tranquillity.
- The Lord of Accomplishment represents the spirit of pursuing one’s dream.
- The Goddess of Wish-Fulfilling represents self-confidence and faith in oneself.
Subsequently, 100 different variations were made with each avatar, with each variation designed to create a unique meaning for each NFT. The collection contains 4 tiers of rarity representing the 4 progressive stages of awakening and enlightenment. These choices were made to give each of the 1,011 NFTs their own unique message of wellness and positivity.
“In the case of the Lord of Purity. You can see in his right hand, he is holding a Vagra (a ritual weapon symbolizing a thunderbolt), and in his left, a bell. The Vagra represents wisdom, while the bell represents action. Thus, the image represents how one must use great wisdom to perform all duties in the highest form of perfection,” explains Master Fon.
To ensure that the artwork is meaningful and distinctive, Master Fon meticulously guided the artist on the various designs, variations, and meanings of each individual artwork. The NFTs themselves were each hand-illustrated, with no procedural generation involved in the design process to give the collection as a whole a more modern and authentic style, while still allowing for each piece to reflect its own unique meaning.
Profits made from the NFTs will be reinvested to create a metaverse that promotes positivity and mindfulness. The MandalaFON NFTs themselves would serve as VIP passes for both the metaverse platform and real-world activities, with perks such as classes on feng shui, geomancy, numerology, and astrology conducted by Master Fon himself.
Furthermore, the NFT project is looking to assist disadvantaged communities both in Singapore and beyond. In Q4 2022, the MandalaFON team is looking to develop merchandise to benefit children with cancer in Singapore. Beyond local borders, Master Fon looks to dedicate part of the project’s revenue to help children in Nepal and India by financing their education and the construction of hostels. He is no stranger to supporting communities like these, having donated a water filtration system to a temple in Laos back in April 2019.
For more information on the collection itself, click on the link HERE for their website or HERE for their OpenSea page. For more on the images and logos used in this release, click on the link HERE for the media kit.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored press release. Please do your research before buying any cryptocurrency or investing in any service.
Source: null tx